It worked!!!

I am so thankful to report that the radiation worked! My tumor has shrunk to about half the size in centimeters and about 70% in volume. I am so thrilled! I have struggled the last few weeks to enjoy every moment because it's all we're promised and yet to make time to prepare for the months that are ahead.

So, my transplant schedule is on track. Here's a tentative schedule:
May 7 - I will start a dosemetric dose of Bexxar. This will be a "cold" infusion and I shouldn't have any side effects.
May 13 - My last day of work before the procedure
May 14 - I will get a therapeutic dose of Bexxar. This is a radioactive infusion and I have to be secluded in 1 room in the house for 5 days afterwards. There shouldn't be harsh side effects, other than the isolation! I can't touch my pets, have to wash everything twice, have to use plastic silverware and paper plates, and have to put a towel on everything before I sit down.
May 24 - I will be admitted to the hospital. This date may move up to May 20, which would be the doctor's preference. I will immediately start Fludarabine chemo infusions for 5 days. The doctor said this one would be a piece of cake for me. I will also overlap that time with 2 days of Melphalan infusions. This one will be the harsh chemo with more serious side effects. I will lose my hair again.
May 30 - I get my new stem cells, Happy Birthday to me! Thanks to my brother for being my donor and to all my siblings for being willing and being such a good match :) This date will move up if the date I'm hospitalized does.
The following 2 weeks are the critical recovery time. My goal is to return to work, even if it's just part time, after this time. I won't be able to enjoy a full social life but if I can get back to work and start to get my life back to normal I know it will motivate me to get stronger and healthier. Thankfully I was able to work all through my chemo treatments, and not because I felt great all the time. I figure it can't be much different than that!
The following 100 days is how long it typically takes before your life can be "normal" and your immune system is strong again. That puts us about the end of August but hopefully I won't miss the whole summer....between you and me, I plan to sneak out to the beach at least once or twice during this time :)

Thank you so much for your prayers and support! It truly has carried me through.