Halfway through radiation :)

Well I'm a little over the halfway mark in my radiation treatment. I really have not had any negative side effects. I've had a few minor ones but they were easily treatable so far. My doctor today said that he is still expecting me to have some more severe ones before the end of next week but so far I'm doing great :)

I have no idea on the progress of how the cancer is doing. One of the hardest things during this, espeically while I'm feeling so great, is that I don't know what's going on internally. So far, twice now I've gone through some pretty tough treatment regimes and the cancer has grown by leaps and bounds. I have no way of knowing if that is happening now or if the radiation is actually killing some of the cancer cells. I'm in a holding pattern....a wait and see mode. It seems to me that after having been in this pattern multiple times for long periods of time I would stop struggling with it, however, as we get closer and closer to the end of next week I have to continually refocus on Who is in control and remind myself to "just wait."

Best case scenario, we will wait about a week after radiation finishes and then I'll get another CT scan. If the scan shows that the cancer cells have responded to the radiation we will schedule my bone marrow transplant for a week or two after that. Worst case scenario, the cancer cells are not responding to the radiation. At this point I'm about out of treatment otpions so we'll cross that bridge if we get there. All 3 of my siblings match at the highest level of marrow donor. My doctor was surprised and thrilled. It's not something you see every day, he said, but it's great for me to have the option of choosing at a finite level who's marrow will best heal my body. Thankfully, my doctor is picking so it's not a choice I have to make :) One interesting fact about bone marrow donations is that I will have my sibling's DNA structure after the transplant. So if I ever donate blood or leave blood someplace and they trace it, they will show up on my siblings doorstep, not mine :) I also will likely pick up whatever their allergies are, for life. Science is fascinating!

I have been so humbled and grateful for the outpouring of love, support and prayers from everyone! Thank you for everything you've done!!! Your love and prayers keep me uplifted and focused and your financial support allows me to pay my bills and healthcare while I'm not working during the months of the transplant process.

It's been so gorgeous out here and I'm loving every minute of it :) I've worked alot in the yard and planted everything I'm going to at this point. I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the fruits (and veggies!) of my labor! I'm so grateful for the ability to get out and work and enjoy the labor. I have so much to be thankful for!

I'll keep you posted after I get my next CT scan in a few weeks...