My plans for 2013 :)

As I start my restoration journey, I want to take a moment or two for reflection. I posted my journey through Lymphoma diagnosis and treatment in an earlier post for those who are interested to read. I want to shift focus now on the healing and restorative journey ahead!

As I do this, I'm overwhelmed with gratefulness...to God who carried me through each day this year and gave me grace to handle everything that was "put on my plate". Next, to my dear and loving family who supported me in every way. I would not have made it through this without them.  Next, I'm grateful for my friends (old and new!) who have gone above and beyond in their care and concern for me. Their prayers and support uplifted me many times. I'm also grateful for my new job of 3 months. My boss and coworker have been nothing but generous, concerned and understanding during this process. I'm also very grateful for my doctor who is not only skilled in his craft but will also defer to me and let me take charge of my medical care. I can't forget the foundation at Roper Saint Francis through whose charity covered thousands of dollars of medical expenses this year for me. I have so much to be grateful for!

I look back long enough to remember and be grateful, and then take that heart overflowing with gratitude, and looking forward with excitement, I offer it as my gift to my Creator and use it as the first stepping stone in my journey back to health.




Welcome 2013! O boy, do I have a New Year's list...     :)

I have many plans for the year ahead! My goal is to eliminate as many harmful chemicals that I can from my life while staying balanced, (and not too fruity!) and to become as self-sustaining as I can. I want to learn and laugh much along the way :)

Here's my to do list as I start out the new year:
- Continue my attainable work-out regime that becomes a way of life
- Eliminate as many forms of processed foods as possible
- Make my own soaps, detergent, deodorant, toothpaste
- Install a water filter in my shower
- Get two egg laying chickens
- Plant my vegetable garden
- Get honeybees
- Plant my wildflower garden
- Plant my herb garden

There's sure to be laughs along the way! My number one goal is to keep everything alive at this point :) Stay tuned...and Happy New Year!!!