Day minus 5 and counting :)

My, how time has flown by! We're enjoying some gorgeous, warm and not humid, sunny weather here this weekend.

I checked into the hospital yesterday to begin the transplant process. They installed a tri-fusion catheter in my chest and left shoulder. They did not take out the port that is in my right shoulder in case they need it as back up, so for now, I have a port and a catheter in my chest. Yesterday's insertion was less invasive than the port but still pretty painful. They did not put me under general anesthesia but they were having difficulty getting it in and I could feel everything they were doing so I found myself fast asleep in no time :) I did not have as much trouble coming out of it though than I did under general anesthesia so that was good. I do have pretty limited range of movement but that will get better as it heals. This morning I was pretty sore and couldn't seem to keep anything down. Fast forward several doses of pain meds and sleep and I am doing just fine now. I had a chemo infusion today as well, however it only lasted 30 minutes and I feel like it was a baby dose :)

Tomorrow and Monday I don't have anything except the 30 minute chemo infusion, which has not made me sick yet. No wonder my doctor told me I'd be bored :) Time to break out the crocheting :) Tuesday and Wednesday I will have 2 types of chemo and will likely be pretty sick. Thursday is day 0, the day I get my new cells, celebrate a new birthday and hopefully start living again!

I'm grateful to be this far in the process and looking forward to the week ahead! Keep me in your prayers as you think of me!

Much love and gratefulness,
Mary