It's mid-February already!

It's been a few weeks and I felt like I should give an update...

It's been a rough few weeks, some of the hardest I've had so far. The first treatment on the new chemo regime is done. It was definitely an endurance test as the infusion took over 30 hours. I had almost the same reaction as I did to the very first chemo regime. I was able to work for part of the week but spent most of it in the doctor's office or in bed. Mentally it was a tough battle. I felt very sick and listless. Not to get too detailed, but I spent a good portion of 3 days vomiting in every trash can I passed by. I battled with my new treatment facility and their staff until it became so ridiculous it was funny. It seems we all to react to life through 1 lens so to speak. When you're forced to look at life through a different lens, the frustrations, the joys, the mundane are all completely redefined. Having a bad day at your job can seem like a gift to someone else. There was more than 1 person I would have loved to switch circumstances with last week when they expressed irritation at having to deal with something. I agree with the old proverb, if we all put our problems on a table we'd look at everyone else's and pick our own back up again. I won't lie however, there were a few times last week that I would have been willing to let someone else deal with my cancer and I'd be happy to have to greet 1 more person that I wanted to before I went home and enjoyed my life. One thing I hope I take from this journey is to remember to refocus my life lens, especially when I get frustrated with others. Battling my thoughts became so important. I firmly believe this is where the war starts and must be won before we face it on any other front, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Thankfully I am not alone in this fight and came through fine :) As usual, along with the rough times last week I had some special blessings and special people who went out of their way for me.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks. I should continue to feel better and be normal until my next infusion on the 22nd. Each moment that I feel normal becomes a precious gift and I plan to enjoy the many gifts coming these next 2 weeks :)

My chickens started laying regularly! I can't tell you how much I enjoy gathering fresh, raw eggs every day! They are delicious :) My girls have very specific personalities; no seriously, they do. I bring them a treat every morning and they look forward to it with great anticipation. If I kneel down next to them they'll come up to me and eye me up and down and chat for a bit. I'm not sure I really want to know what they're telling me. One of them is definitely more feisty than the other. She purposely lays her eggs just out of my reach so I have to completely open her entire pen to get it. If she laid it just 2 inches in another direction I could reach it easily but she has yet to do so. Bettylou (yes, I can tell the difference between them) lays it teetering on the edge of their "upstairs apartment" as if to say, "if you want it come get it.". Mabel lays it right at the door in the back so I can easily reach it without climbing inside. I changed from wood chips to alfalfa hay and they love it. I love the smell of the alfalfa too!

My beehive is in and assembled. I'll be painting it something fun and funky the next few weeks and will get bees around the end of March.

I lost some of my seedlings in the greenhouse...good lesson learned. I started many more this week and am looking forward to coaxing them into strong plants ready for transplant in a few weeks.

I made an indoor herb garden in my kitchen this week using mason jars. I have some under the counter lights and am using them to create a mini greenhouse effect. How great will it be to have fresh basil, thyme, mint, parsley, etc right in your kitchen while you're cooking?!

Happy early Valentine's Day to everyone!!! :) I love this day. I will be wearing red or pink and celebrating all of the love I have been blessed with :)